RREUSE is an international non-profit network supporting the development of social enterprises in the circular economy through innovative policies and partnerships, and the exchange of best practices. RREUSE counts 31 member organisations spread across 29 countries.
The social enterprises represented within our network specialise in the field of re-use, repair and recycling. They generate invaluable social, economic and environmental impacts by providing local and inclusive employment as well as a strong sense of belonging for the most vulnerable in their communities.
Approximately 102,000 employees, trainees and volunteers are engaged in the activities of our 30 member organisations spread across 28 countries.
Our members employ people at risk of socio-economic exclusion and help bring them back into the labour market. In addition, they bring products back to the market at affordable prices providing essential household items to low income groups. Working with 24 different material streams, their sector of activity is wide-ranging from textiles, furniture and electronics to food distribution and composting.
The main activities of our members include:
- Advocacy at local, regional and national levels and sharing of best circular practices
- Awareness raising campaigns, local and international projects and business support
- Collection, sorting and redistribution of used textiles and clothing
- Collection, repair and re-use of electronics, furniture and bulky items
- Re-use of other household items such as bric-a-brac, books, toys and paint
- Operating second-hand retail outlets
- Collection and recycling of paper, cardboard, wood, plastics and metals
- Home, community and cooperative composting
- Food distribution services and management of food banks
RREUSE is a member of:
- European Commission’s Expert Group on Social Economy and Social Enterprises
- European Commission’s Ecodesign and Energy labelling Consultation Forum
- European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials High-Level Steering Group
- European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform Coordination Group
- Social Platform