RREUSE is an international non-profit network representing social enterprises active in the circular economy since 2001. Specialising in the field of re-use, repair, and recycling, the members of the RREUSE network provide local and inclusive employment as well as a strong sense of belonging for the most vulnerable in our societies. You can view the list of our current members here and find out more about the impact of our members work here.
Drawing on the first-hand experience of its members, RREUSE aims to ensure well-designed EU policies, innovative partnerships and the sharing of best-practices to help develop inclusive and circular business models across Europe and beyond. Due to the combined social and environmental mission of RREUSE and its members, its activities support the fulfilment of a number of UN Sustainable Development Goals.
More than 102,000 employees, trainees and volunteers are engaged in the activities of our member organisations spread across more than 29 countries.
Our members employ people at risk of socio-economic exclusion and help bring them back into the labour market. In addition, they bring products back to the market at affordable prices providing essential household items to low income groups. Working with 24 different material streams, their sector of activity is wide-ranging from textiles, furniture and electronics to food distribution and composting.
The main activities of our members include:
- Advocacy at local, regional and national levels and sharing of best circular practices
- Awareness raising campaigns, local and international projects and business support
- Collection, sorting and redistribution of used textiles and clothing
- Collection, repair and re-use of electronics, furniture and bulky items
- Re-use of other household items such as bric-a-brac, books, toys and paint
- Operating second-hand retail outlets
- Collection and recycling of paper, cardboard, wood, plastics and metals
- Home, community and cooperative composting
- Food distribution services and management of food banks
RREUSE is a member of:
- European Commission’s Expert Group on Social Economy and Social Enterprises
- European Commission’s Ecodesign and Energy labelling Consultation Forum
- European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials High-Level Steering Group
- European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform Coordination Group
- Social Platform