1st International Conference on the Role of Social Enterprise in a Circular Economy:
A story of Community, Resilience and Innovation
23 – 24 November 2017
Pour la version française, cliquez ici
Download the final agenda in English here (pdf)
Extending product lifetimes through re-use and repair has tremendous social and environmental impact and is at the heart of a circular economy vision. These activities can be a powerful vehicle to help develop human capital, strengthen social cohesion and help restore and regenerate cities and regions. Such aspects are seldom put into the spotlight during discussions on Europe’s move towards circular economy.
The main aim of the public conference on 23 November is to show-case examples of cooperation between social enterprise, public bodies and private industry and to discuss what could be done to further include community and social enterprise initiatives in Europe’s vision of a circular economy. High profile speakers ranging from the European institutions, public authorities, private industry and social enterprises will present their views in order to stimulate this important and timely debate.
The event will take place in Charleroi, Belgium, a city with a rich industrial heritage undergoing a dynamic regeneration and transformation. Support for social enterprise is very strong in Charleroi, and the event will provide the opportunity for participants on the second day to visit social enterprise and community initiatives in the region.
DAY 1 (23 November) – Open to all
Venue: Cinema Quai10 – Salle 1, Quai Arthur Rimbaud 10, 6000 Charleroi, Belgium
- Showcasing the value of re-use and repair in a circular economy
- Best practice in social enterprise and industry working together in a circular economy
- Public policy support for a circular economy and social inclusion
- Networking cocktail
DAY 2 (24 November) – Open to RREUSE members and wider membership only
Venue: ICDI, Rue du Déversoir 1, 6010 Charleroi, Belgium
- Networking session for development of future social enterprise partnerships
- Presentations on Innovation, partnerships and developments among social enterprises
- Notes on legal developments
- Opportunity to participate in two site visits at a state of the art textile sorting centre of Terre and a re-use centre of Ressourcerie du Val de Sambre
RREUSE is grateful for the kind support of our current sponsors:
Interested in sponsorship?
Please contact us at email@example.com and find our more about the benefits of sponsoring our event.
- Registration is open until 15 November 2017
- All registration prices include refreshments, lunch and an evening cocktail; Prices do not include accommodation
- Interpretation available: French – English / English – French
- The venue is accessible to persons with disabilities
- Cancellation policy: Cancellation before 8 November 2017 – 60 % of the registration fee will be refunded; Cancellation after 8 November 2017 – No refund possible
- The capacity is limited
Travel to Charleroi
- The event venue is located in five-minute walk distance from Charleroi-South train station
- Parking in close proximity to the venue.
- Taxi rank opposite the Charleroi-South train station which is in five-minute walk distance from the event venue.
We recommend you to book a room at the following hotels:
We look forward to meeting you in Charleroi!
Jana Zurkova, RREUSE
Picture credit Ateliere Fara Frontiere